Making The Necklaces
Here are just a few quick photos from the process of actually making the necklaces from this post. I made the beads from a simple dough, painted them with acrylic, and finished them with a spray varnish. The yarn was found in my parents' attic, and it's probably as old as me, but I don't think yarn is too pricey. I made quite a few more than I actually used in the post, but I've got others to wear when I'm out, and a few went to Kieryn, and one is hanging over my work space (I can see it as I type). This was a really fun little project, and I've actually been thinking about doing some more. I want to plan everything out more before I dive into this again though. I'd like to have what I'm specifically going for planned out, and as you can see, some of the paint cracked, so I want to figure out how to prevent that as well.
On another note, I hope everyone's having a nice Saturday! I'm helping out with a garage sale so I'll have had enough of hot weather for a week or so. I'm a wimp. Give me all the fans you can find.