Fluffy Pumpkin Bread Cookies
Sometimes we just need to put all chaotic current events behind us and take a breather. You should really consider doing so this month with these fluffy pumpkin bread cookies. I adapted this recipe, and it's the best recipe I've ever found, I'm pretty sure. They're a bit of a process (at least when I made them), and I'd personally let the dough chill overnight, but they're definitely worth the effort. I'm making more ASAP. I hope you enjoy them!
5 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups canned pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. In your largest bowl (trust me), beat the butter and sugar until well blended.
3. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
4. Gradually combine the flour mixture with the pumpkin mixture.
5. Cover and chill (I chilled mine overnight).
6. When the dough is sufficiently chilled, drop by the tablespoon on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350F.